- (June 14, 2021) WORKING PAPERS about each of the 13 countries in the Global Income Dynamics (GID) Project are now online: LINK (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Norway, United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden.)
- For more information about the GID Project: CLICK HERE
- (April 28, 2021) The first MEBDI Annual Lecture on Big Data in Economics will be held on September 30, 2021 in Minneapolis. The inaugural speaker will be Patrick Bajari, Amazon VP & Chief Economist and former professor of economics at the University of Minnesota. Details to follow.
- (March 1, 2021) MEBDI Conference: The 2nd Conference of the Global Income Dynamics Project took place virtually on November 19-20, 2020. Click here for the program and video of presentations
- (September 2020) MEBDI Machine Learning Competition: Congratulations to Dhananjay Ghei and Sang Min Lee for winning the Grand Prize of the 2020 MEBDI Machine Learning Competition! Read more here: 2020 MEBDI ML Competition
MEBDI is a newly established research institute at the University of Minnesota that promotes and produces applied economic research that harnesses the power of big data under the guidance provided by economic theory. The institute brings together economists from the University of Minnesota economics department and outside researchers from broad backgrounds to contribute to this mission.
Get in Touch
Minnesota Economics Big Data Institute Email: MEBDInstitute@gmail.com Web: www.mebdi.org Twitter: @mebdi8 Mailing address: 4-101 Hanson Hall 1925 South 4th Street Minneapolis, MN, 55455 Administrative contact: Kara Kersteter Email: kerst003 (at) umn (dot) edu
Copyright Minnesota Economics Big Data Institute – All rights reserved